Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spinach Salad

IMG_4396 I told my friend, Nancy, that I would post my spinach salad recipe on my blog, so here goes…

The original recipe (that I have tweaked a little) from Southern Living magazine calls for pan-fried chicken in addition. It is very good with the chicken for a main dish, but if you are just looking for a delicious side salad, try this.

Mix the following together in a bowl:

1 6 oz. pkg. Baby Spinach

1 large apple, thinly sliced and chopped (I like Gala)

1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces

1/2 cup dried cherries

1 8 oz. jar poppy seed dressing (I use Brianna’s or Marzetti’s All Natural found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, usually near the produce).

EAT!!!

You can play around with the proportions. I just eyeball it now and add to my liking. I gave you the amounts the original recipe suggested.

ENJOY, NANCY! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I will probably be duplicating this recipe for Core Group, this Sunday. The salad looks flavorful, like all the yummy things you make. I like the addition of the apple in the salad for crunch. Keep up all the great recipe posts.

    ReplyDelete