Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cupcakes and Tea Time

My six year old daughter had some friends spend the weekend with us. I tried to think of some fun things for them to do, especially since it was partly a birthday celebration for one of the girls due to my daughter missing the party the weekend before.

I made chocolate cupcakes and had the kids decorate them on their own, which all kids love of course! I put out whatever decorating item I could find in my pantry and didn’t even buy anything special. They had a fun time decorating and eating!

IMG_4495

The next day we had a tea time. Groceries were actually getting low in my house, so I rummaged through my brain, pantry, and frig. and came up with a decent collection of graham crackers, Hershey Kisses, cheese slices, and apple pieces for a nice addition to some raspberry peach tea. The girls enjoyed their girl time, set at a special table for themselves, with pretty dishes to boot!

IMG_4516

2 comments:

  1. What a great couple of ideas! That is SO awesome that you threw a fun girl party with things you pulled out of your cupboards. You're a super-mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maegan. I don't feel like a super-mom, but I appreciate your encouragement. :-)

    ReplyDelete