Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter Menu Help

Yes, I know…. Easter is still a couple weeks away, but my mind is thinking about it a lot.  I’m hosting this year’s Easter meal and will be cooking for 12 to 14 people.  About half of those people are children, but everyone has hearty appetites, so I don’t consider that too much.  I’m trying to think of a good menu.  I am not a big ham person.  In fact, I’ve never cooked one in my life!  Should this be my big debut?!  What are you serving, taking, or eating for your Easter dinner this year or if you don’t know the answer to that yet, what have you eaten in years’ past that you have enjoyed? 

4 comments:

  1. I have never successfully made a ham, for Easter or otherwise! Still a fan of ham, though. :) HOWEVER, I vote for roasted asparagus! So easy, toss with olive oil and salt and roast at 450 for about 6 minutes, then serve either hot, warm, or room temp. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have always had lamb a raspberry jam glaze, with Joel's family. His dad would start it early in the morning. Some side dish options were mashed potatos, sweet potato cassarole, or roasted carrots with garlic and pine nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most important part of the meal is the desert, especially if you have a lot of children. CHOCOLATE CAKE from Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going very nontraditional this year and grilling burgers.

    ReplyDelete