Thursday, March 18, 2010

Good Job!

I’ve got a serious backBLOG.  Yes, you read it correctly… I’ve got a backBLOG – you know the kind you get when your mind thinks faster than your blog and time can keep up.  I have pictures and blog posts waiting for you.  I just need to keep up with my mind and camera.  :-)  So… where to start?

Today was an interesting day, and I felt encouraged in the end so I thought I would share what happened.  The day started off and proceeded to be crazy.  I was in and out of the house so much, juggling my three children of course, one of whom was coughing continually.  I had an unexpected visit to my niece’s school in the morning, music class for the kids at noon, and dentist appointments in the afternoon.  Plus, I was TRYING to fit in school and normal duties, like cooking dinner.  We all have days like this, and they are just hectic!  Little did I know there would be treasure waiting for me at the end of the rainbow.

At the dentist’s office, I was extremely blessed by everyone there.  My children had behaved beautifully (don’t you just love moments like those?!), and the receptionist, hygienists, and dentist all remarked about how great they were, in different ways, and also encouraged me about my homeschooling, saying in essence, they see it is making a difference in their lives.  I felt so tremendously blessed.  It was like these women were following me around, patting me on the back, saying, “Good job, Lisa!”.  Let me tell you… I needed to hear that.  I have plenty of discouraging and trying moments, but the moments in the dentist office boosted me greatly.  I realized, once again, how great it feels when you feel like you are doing a good job, that what you are doing with your life IS making a difference. 

We walked out of the office, into the wonderful spring sunshine day and proceeded to the bread shop where I was again blessed, but in a different way.  The bread shop had made too many loaves of potato bread yesterday, so they were handing them out for FREE to customers today.  Doesn’t this look scrumptious??

IMG_4612

I took the bread home and used it as part of our dinner, serving it as a side to the delectable baked potato soup I made.  YUM!  Again, I felt the Lord smiling down upon me.

Think if there is someone in your life who needs to hear “Good job!”.  You don’t even have to say it in those words, but just encourage someone in what he or she is doing in life.

Oh, and tomorrow, I will plan to post the baked potato soup photo and recipe so be ready!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds like a wonderful day even if it was hectic! It is usually in the most trying times that God gives us those encouraging moments so we can carry on. Just continue leaning on Him! I am praying for you, Lisa! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete