Sunday, April 25, 2010

Getting Ready for the Week

On Sunday evenings I like to do things that help me feel ready for the week… tackle some laundry, review school, have good family moments, vacuum my family room, review meals, etc.  It makes me feel like I can wake up to a better Monday morning. 

Just now I printed up one of our school scheduling sheets that helps me keep track of the kids’ school.  IMG_4681

This wonderful chart, which was created by my dh who LOVES Excel, helps my mind be a bit freer throughout the week.  The biggest drawback is that my children are not always faithful to check off everything they do, and I have to remind them.  Once things are checked, though, it is so helpful.  My children and I, both, are able to see what progress has been made so far and what is left to do.  The chart covers two weeks.  When I print one out, I surprise the kids with two, new pictures.  That brings a little bit of excitement to the mix.

What do you like to do on Sunday evenings to get ready for the week?  Do you have special tools you use throughout the week that help you feel more organized?

2 comments:

  1. Sunday night is usually our do absolutely nothing night. I do like to make sure that I have my menu planned and my grocery list made. I have started grocery shopping on Mondays. That is about it. I usually save Monday for playing catch up and getting ready for the week. I'm sure this will change once the kids start school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I don't feel like it's a chore if I do it on Sunday night. I feel like I'm cheating! So I try to do a little laundry or a 15-minute clean-up. I pretend I am giving my "Monday self" a little bit of a break. :)

    ReplyDelete