Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Good Find

Last night I went to the local thrift store to see if I could find any maternity clothes for myself.  I am 30 weeks pg now, getting bigger and bigger, and not wanting to spend a lot of money on clothes.  I had gotten rid of my pregnancy clothes from years’ past.  I ended up finding some regular shirts for myself at Kohl’s.  I did try on a couple maternity shirts, but they were more expensive AND either fit me like a tent or too clingy.  UGH! 

Anyway, when I was at the thrift store, the Lord blessed me in two ways, which was really nice because I was having another emotional day (imagine that!).  First, I saw my son’s piano teacher with her mom and brother.  They are solid Christians, and it was a blessing to chat with them for a few minutes.   Secondly, I found something for my foyer - a velvet red rose tree.

IMG_4845

We are currently finishing our foyer area (which I hope to post about in the near future, once it is completely finished!).  Just a couple days ago I looked at the shelf in the turn of the stairs and thought, “A silver bowl with some red roses would look nice and elegant there”.  When I found this at the store last night for $8, I was excited!  I put the flowers on the shelf, and amazingly enough, my husband noticed right away.  He said, “Nice flowers”.  I told him I bought it at the thrift store and he celebrated with me.   Thank You, Lord, for the small blessings in life!

1 comment:

  1. Thrift store shopping has got to be the best kind!I love the flower arrangement. The colors blend and contrast with the wall behind it just enough to make the red pop perfectly!

    ReplyDelete