Saturday, May 29, 2010

Clip Art Cupcakes

My youngest son is turning five years old on Monday.  Last night we had a few friends over and then we will have family members over on Monday.  I decided to make cupcakes for his party with his friends.  He wanted a Star Wars party, so I went to the task of creating my own Star Wars cupcakes.  I am not an elaborate designer, by any means, but I have a pretty simple method that creates a cute result! 

First I find the proper themed clip art or images online and then paste them into a Word document.  Once I have enough images pasted or copied onto the sheet, I print it up for cutting.  I leave a little white space around the image when I cut.  If you print the images on cardstock rather than regular computer paper, you have a sturdier cupcake topper.  Tape the cut out images to a toothpick and then insert into the cupcakes.  VOILA!  You have yourself some adorable cupcakes that thrill the kids and did not take too long to prepare!

IMG_5190

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! Zachary wants a Star Wars party too! I might have to "steal" your idea! (:

    ReplyDelete