Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dealing with the Pox!

IMG_5017 IMG_5014

For a few weeks now we have had chicken pox in our home, off and on.  It started about three weeks ago when my niece (who lives with us) brought it home from school.  She had a yucky case of it, and we were just sitting on the edge of our seats, expecting our kids would get it.  Well, sure enough, about 2.5 weeks later, they got it!  My older two broke out with the rash last weekend, and my youngest is still clean right now.  We are expecting him to break out with the next incubation in about 2 or 3 weeks.  This whole escapade has not been fun!  After my niece got it, we quarantined our family, for the most part.  My children have missed out on some things, and it’s not easy to see your children disappointed and suffering.  Looking back, I probably could have kept them out and about the first week after exposure since incubation takes 2 or 3 weeks, so they would not have been contagious in the beginning.  Now, I am worn out and hoping for a miracle.  My daughter is supposed to be the flower girl for my brother-in-law’s wedding on Sunday, and things don’t look great right now!  I expected her to be further along in recovery already.  I would appreciate your prayers!  I guess God is, yet again, trying to work out patience in me…

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.  (James 1:2-4)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete