Monday, July 5, 2010

Marriage Getaways

IMG_1393

I was so excited for my friend this past weekend!  She and her hubby of 10 years were getting away alone, without her four children, for multiple days.  My friend turned 30 years old in June, so as a birthday present, her friends chipped in and helped send her and her husband away for a weekend.  Hopefully they had a marvelous time!

When Brian and I celebrated 10 years of marriage a few years ago, we went away for almost a week, and it was so nice…. so nice that we decided to keep doing it each year thereafter.  ~smile~  This year is a little different with Baby arriving, so we will have to postpone our getaway until next year or so. 

IMG_3025IMG_3026

I encourage all married couples to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and just focus on each other.  It’s such a wonderful time.  You really do need multiple days, too.  I remember someone telling me that it would take a couple days for me to adjust to vacation mode and not be in hurry, mommy mode.  She was right! 

Make it a goal soon, hopefully, to get away with your spouse if you haven’t recently.  You won’t regret it.  You WILL miss your kids terribly, but the reunion is sweet.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true!! Last month, Chris and I went to Florida for four days without the kids and although we missed them, we had a great time, just the two of us! It was just the right amount of time to be gone and then we couldn't get back home fast enough to see our children again! It was the best of both worlds! I hope you and Brian are able to get away again soon!

    ReplyDelete