Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting Ready for School

I am hastily tying up loose ends so I can be prepared to start our new homeschool year in a little over a week.  This is what my kitchen table looks like at the moment:

IMG_6159

YIKES!!!

I took everything off the school bookshelf and am sorting, sifting, organizing, and putting things where they belong.  I admit – this is not one of my strengths.  It is my husband’s strength.  He is a great organizer.  I tend to get overwhelmed in the process, trying to make decisions.  Nonetheless, tonight is the night of completion – I hope!  It is nearly 10:30 p.m., and after this post, I am back to the grind.  I just polished off two Dove Bars for energy!  Yes, two!!  I can justify one of them since I am a nursing mom – one is for the baby.  ~wink~ 

By the way, I am not very happy with the Dove Bar company right now.  They minimized their packaging and only include THREE Dove Bars per package now – arrrgghhh!  Of course, I don’t think the price has been reduced at all.  Don’t you hate that?!

Back to work…

UPDATE – a couple hours later… Project accomplished – for the most part!  Yippee!  I feel energized!  (Notice the clean kitchen table!).  I just have a couple questions for Hubby on some material set aside and am waiting for some curriculum to arrive in the mail.  Next step, for this week, planning and shopping for school supplies!

IMG_6170

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I, too, am not a good organizer. I know exactly what it's like to not be able to decide whether to sort this book with THIS collection... or THAT collection... or... maybe I should just go eat something... Good job! Hope you got a good night's sleep after that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa, you have a lot of room on those shelves - can I borrow some of it? LOL. I have enough "homeschool stuff" to fill a room I think. We have a very similar book case in my dining room and it is overflowing. Next to it I have a book case with two more shelves that are jam packed. I really need to go through it all. This doesn't include atleast one large rubbermaid container of stuff that we're done with. I am overwhelmed by all the books, science experiments, etc, but I really don't want to get rid of any of them. Arghh. But, your clean shelves have inspired me. I hope to sort through my packed shelves this weekend!

    ReplyDelete