Thursday, September 23, 2010

Proud to Be a “Loser”

This week, I discovered that I am not “Cool”.  Actually I am a real “Loser”!  That’s what the Hotpockets’  crisping sleeves told me!  See for yourself!

IMG_6441 

Yep, that’s right… I’m just one of those old-fashioned, not “with the times” kind of person.  I *do* have a dining room and believe that it *should* be used, not just to collect dust or display fancy dishes, but for the purpose of serving healthy, homemade, tantalizing dishes to hungry members of my home and others as we connect through discussions about our days and our dreams.  The coupling of food and love is some of the best medicine around!  It sure beats the coolness of carrying around a Hotpocket in a crisping sleeve!

I guess I am just a “loser”, as the wrapper says.  I like to “stay put” to eat my food.  I don’t like to eat “on the go” unless I absolutely have to do that!  Eating on the go pales in comparison to eating a nice, hot, tasty meal in my own home or someone else’s.  Hmmm… let’s see… tough choice… enjoy a lovely meal with family and friends in a cozy spot that has been built up with affection or sit in my car or some other awkward place, scarfing food in a hurried manner.  Yep, I’ll be a part of the loser club any day!

Here’s a toast to all the homemakers out there who have joined the “uncool, loser” club with me!  Cheers!  Our meals may not be hip, but they are geared to win hearts!

1 comment: