Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why I Love Blog World

Some people just don’t understand…

“Why would you want to write your thoughts on a web site for people to read?”

“Why do you want to read other people’s thoughts or know about other people’s families, possibly even people you don’t even know in person?”

“Why, just why, would you want to spend your time that way?”

Well, I’ll tell you why…. Blogging is therapy!  Getting out some of those thousands of words and thoughts are important for some of us women, especially those of us who feel like we were born to write, or at least born to think a lot! 

After a day like today, one filled with

  • Dirty, stained undies from children who are too “busy” to go to the bathroom
  • An entire pan of freshly made brownies spilled on the floor as they were cooling
  • A two month old baby who cried often and didn’t want to nurse on one side at times
  • A continual reminder that things just aren’t going well in certain aspects of our home
  • Multiple laundry baskets, an attempt to meal plan, and a scornful scope of the finances, ETC…

Yes, after a day like today, I am glad to sit down with my Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream and write.  Therein I find a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment.

And then, when I am done writing, I am glad to peruse blog world and gain words of life and encouragement… words that will strengthen my heart and tell me to press on… words and pictures that will remind me that there *IS* joy in the world and God is truly there in the midst of His people.

That, my friends, is the beauty of blog world.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! I have always been a journal/diary keeper and love expressing myself through writing! It is a wonderful way to make sense of all that is on our minds! I am also with you on the therapy part! I've seemed to have too many days like the one you described and writing or talking about it really helps! I hope things are going better for you!

    ReplyDelete