Saturday, November 20, 2010

Invention #2 - Crunchy Lettuce-less Salad

IMG_6883

The idea for this salad was formed when I needed a salad but didn’t have any lettuce!  I mixed various crunchy items and topped them with a dressing.  It was very tasty, and we loved the crunchiness!

Crunchy Lettuce-less Salad

Chop:

1/2 red pepper

1 cucumber

1 carrot

1 apple (I used Empire)

~1/4 cup almonds (or another nut)

Toss all together.

Top with dressing of your choice.  I used Italian.  I think a vinaigrette, like Raspberry or Balsamic, would work well, too.  Maybe a poppy seed dressing??  The sky is the limit! 

Eat with fervor, enjoying the crunch!

1 comment:

  1. This is trully a good idea.. really i am always wanted veggies with ranch but always out of lettus! this will be great, I just started making homemade ranch... mmmmm! love that crunch! ;)

    ReplyDelete