Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Crinkles, Color, and Cream

Today we made Chocolate CrinklesThis recipe made over 3 dozen cookies, which is great.  I use a melon scooper to scoop out the dough, and that works well for portions.

IMG_7254

We packaged some in a box with some fudge for the kids’ piano teacher.  When I made these cookies last year, my niece said they were one of her favorites!

IMG_7255

I made a salad for a Christmas party over the weekend.  It was simple, tasty, healthful, and nicely-colored for the holiday season.  I mixed some spring mix lettuce with glazed walnuts and dried cranberries.  I like to serve this type of salad with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. 

IMG_7203

For dinner last night I made Chicken with Cream.  My good friend from Guatemala taught me how to make this.  I realized it might be a good option for Christmas with the red and green peppers.  When my husband took his first bite of dinner, he said, “YUM!”.  That’s when I know something is really good.  ~smile~

IMG_7252

Chicken with Cream

serves 4 or 5 people

Simple and delicious!

1 1/2 chicken breast, cut into pieces

1 Green and Red Pepper, chopped into chunks

1 Onion, chopped

Mushrooms (fresh), a handful, chopped

Cream

Salt and Pepper

Cook peppers, onion, and mushrooms in oil or butter. Add chicken pieces and cook until done. I like to saute everything until it is nicely browned.  It gives it a good, rich flavor.  When done, remove from heat, and add 1 cup of cream with salt and pepper to taste!  Serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. This chicken dish looks so elegant, yet the recipe is SO simple!! We'll have to try this :) By the way, the salad was delicious! (I used the balsamic vinigarette that you brought, I like strong flavors with my salad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link!!! Also, that chicken looks really delicious and easy. I will be trying that soon!

    ReplyDelete