Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Tree is Finally Up!

Some of you may say, “Finally up?  After all, it is just the first of December!”  Well, my fresh, fraser fir tree went up on Saturday and was not decorated until today – four days later!  I attempted to decorate it Sunday night, but all four strands of lights that I tried to use did not work.  I went to the store and could only find two boxes of the type of lights I wanted.  I actually wanted white pearl lights, but there was only one box left of those.  I resorted to two boxes of red, white, and iridescent pearl lights instead.

IMG_7039

Since my tree is mostly red and gold, I thought I would give these lights a try.  Two strands was not enough.  It only covered a little more than half of the tree, SO I had to find more lights!  I called two Targets last night before I found them, and there was a bit of drama in finding the lights – which I won’t go into right now.

I am happy to say that my tree is up

and sharing its love!

IMG_7047

1 comment:

  1. I love those lights.. beautiful tree!!!!! Our tradition is Thanksgiving weekend. I love fresh trees but we went with a white tree..I light a pine scented candle so it still smells like one haha. I love the ribbon and skirt too.. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete