Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Fun Banner

When we were planning the Mexican baby shower for my friend, I did a little online browsing to see if I could find any good ideas.  I found some pictures with colorful, pennant-style banners and thought that would be cute.  I found one that inspired me and went to the task!

I found some pre-cut pieces of scrapbook paper in my stash at home.  I folded the top of them over to create a tunnel for the ribbon that I used to hang the banner.  My son helped me staple the tops down.

IMG_7652

Next, I made a decorative accent at the top of each sheet by cutting out the circular patterns from a scrap piece of paper.

IMG_7655

I affixed the accents to the top with glue, trying to cover the middle staples in the process!

IMG_7657

Then I made and cut letters out of other colorful paper and glued them down.  I also glued a folded, customized sheet of bright tissue paper to the bottom of each sheet.  My daughter fringed the tissue paper with scissors.

IMG_7721

I made a couple, large tissue paper flowers to affix at each corner of the banner and strung a ribbon through the top tunnel of each letter sheet.

The result…

IMG_7731-1

You could make a banner like this

for any special occasion!

1 comment: