Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hot Cross Biscuits

I made ‘em, and boy, were they good!

IMG_8323-1

Check out “Joy the Baker” for this recipe and other great ones!

Before I made this recipe, I had never baked anything with currants in it.  Actually, I don’t know if I had ever eaten anything with currants in it.  If you haven’t tried them, they are really good.  They are smaller and sweeter than your normal raisin. 

When I was at the fruit market, I asked if the store had any in stock because I could not find them anywhere.  The man I asked said they actually have not been able to get any because there has been a large amount of devastation in Chile, from where they get their shipments. 

I went to Kroger, and they had a few boxes on the shelves: Good ol’ Sun-Maid, grown in the beautiful U. S. of A. and Greece.  If you haven’t tried them, I encourage you to do so!

IMG_8322

No comments:

Post a Comment