Monday, May 2, 2011

Baby Shower

Over the weekend my mother-in-law and I hosted a baby shower for my new niece.  It was a lot of fun and went super well!

IMG_8383

My mother-in-law worked hard to set the tables very nicely, and she placed a cake pop (ordered from Starbucks) in the middle of each napkin as a favor for each lady.  I had run across these cake pops recently and thought they were so adorable.  The pink one worked out perfectly for the shower!

IMG_8376

For lunch we served a large salad bar.  I grilled chicken the day before and basted it with a yummy marinade while it was cooking.  My mother-in-law also prepared strips of ham and cheese, other vegetables, toasted walnuts, along with a combination of lettuces and dressings.  Each person could decide what she wanted on her salad, which worked out wonderfully!  We also served croissants to help complete the meal.

IMG_8384

I made these adorable “Cute and Contented” cupcakes.  The original recipe is found on Wilton.com.  (Please don’t compare my amateur cupcakes with theirs!)  I came across the idea at “Mel’s Kitchen Café”.  I used a vanilla cupcake recipe for the actual cupcake.  You could use whatever recipe you like!

We played a few games:

Candy in a Bottle – Guess how many chewy Sweetart candies are in the bottle.

Don’t Say Baby!Everyone wears a necklace with a safety pin(s) attached.  If you are caught saying “Baby”, you lose a pin.  The person with the most pins wins!  NOTE:  We had each player start with one pin, but I think it is more valuable if you start each person with multiple pins, between 3 and 5.  That way the person still has to be cautious about saying “baby” or could lose another pin!

Dirty Diaper Game – This game is a lot of fun.  We played this at the baby shower I helped host in February.  You melt a different candy bar in each diaper and participants have to guess which one is inside.  No tasting or moving the contents allowed!  Only smelling!  I would post pictures here, but my husband thinks they look a little gross.  ~Smile~

No comments:

Post a Comment