Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our School Schedule

Tomorrow is the big day!  My niece starts school, and we try as best as we can to follow her school schedule to maintain better unity within the household.  I sketched out a basic routine plan for our day.  I will start with this schedule and tweak it as necessary – one of the beauties of homeschooling!

IMG_9432

One difference from last year – doing science before lunch.  We always had science right after lunch.  It worked well that way since it is a group subject, and we were all together.  This year I am trying to break up some of the more tedious subjects, like math and English, to see if it helps our day run more smoothly.  I had heard about this concept years ago – that it helps motivation and keeping the day from becoming too cumbersome.  We’ll see how it works.

I have posted our schedule on the whiteboard to try and help the kids stay on track – also something different for this year.  I was inspired by “Keeper of the Home”’s visual schedule.

Do you have a schedule for your school day?

Are you doing anything different this year?

Have a blessed year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment