Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sweet Treats: No Bake Cookies and S’mores Bars

IMG_9759

I have made no-bake cookies in the past without too much success.  The cookies turned out alright but nothing to brag about!  This recipe, however, is great!  I am thinking a lot of it has to do with using quick oats.  I think it helps the cookies set a lot faster and also helps them keep their shape better.  Besides that, the flavor of these cookies are just decadent!  My family and friends agree!  ~smile~

No Bake Chocolate Cookies

Boil the following in a saucepan for ~1.5 minutes, until mixture seems well-blended, thicker, and frothy.

1 3/4 cups white sugar

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa.

Remove from heat and add:

1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy …. whatever you like!  I have used both).

3 cups quick oats

1 t vanilla

1/2 cup chocolate chips

I “drop” the cookies with a  medium-sized (~ a Tablespoon or so) batter scooper onto wax paper.  This makes a nice shape.

Let cool until hardened.

Recipe Source:  Adapted from “A Joyful Noise” No Bake Chocolate Cookies

IMG_9629

I have found so many good recipes at “Mel’s Kitchen Café”, including this one for S’mores Cookie Bars!

I made this recipe for my husband’s birthday, and my family raved about them!  They said it is now one of their favorite desserts that I make!

Truly, they are delicious! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment