Saturday, October 29, 2011

Comforting Fall Foods!

Truly I do enjoy the change of seasons.  When autumn arrives, I start to picture and enjoy the cozy ambience.  You know ~ candles, warm soups, blankets, the fireplace, being snuggled up with a book and/or a loved one with a cup of hot tea or cocoa. 

To celebrate the season, I have been making some of those great, heart and body-warming recipes!

Here’s what I made this past week:

IMG_0046

Broccoli Cheddar Potato Soup

found here at “Crumbs and Chaos”

This soup was great!  It was a novelty, containing both potatoes and sweet potatoes.  The sweet potatoes really enhance the color, flavor, and texture of the soup!  We loved it!

IMG_0051

Chicken Chili

courtesy of Martha Stewart

I blogged about this chili a long time ago.  http://thecozynook.blogspot.com/2010/01/chili.html

IMG_3794

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

“My Style” – recipe found here.

What is on your fall menu?

 

Shared at Growing Home’s Teach Me Tuesday’s Link-UP

1 comment:

  1. The Broccoli cheddar potato soup sounds AMAZING! I cannot wait to try it :) Hope all is well at your house, I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete