Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I’m Still Alive!

Yes, I am still alive!  It has been a while since I have blogged.  Life has been consuming, for sure!

The big news for the day…

Coney Dogs!

100_0458

Yes, that’s right!  Nitrate/nitrite-free, beef hot dogs, smothered with cincinnati chili from a can (next time I’ll use homemade, ~wink~), topped with your choice of shredded cheddar cheese, onions, and mustard.  I guess it’s fitting since the Detroit Tigers are in the playoffs right now, fighting to stay alive.

Life has been busy and complex, so the food has been simpler!

What have you been eating lately?

4 comments:

  1. Love me a good nitrate free hot dog. I had a Flint Coney Dog at at coney island by my parents house. Brings back good childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing things with apples lately.... ;-) I was ready for stews and soups but the temps went back in the 80s so I've put those on hold for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lisa, I'm visiting from Lisa's "Encouraging Bloggers" series. It's nice to meet you.

    I homeschooled my kids from 1st and 3rd grades all the way through high school. My second child finished up last year, so I'm now in a new season of life. I LOVED my homeschool years.

    My son loves hotdogs, and he would tell you that since it's baseball playoff time, hotdogs are the best meal in the world. Are you a Tigers fan? We were rooting for them to beat the Yankees. (We're Red Sox fans, so we root for whoever is playing the Yankees.)

    Have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a hot dog in years! Looks yummy!

    Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete