Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Bathroom’s Facelift

Last week my family was gone for a little over 24 hours.  I, being the family lady that I am, knew that it was not going to be easy with them gone in another adventuresome place without me so I had to make the best of it.  I pummeled through some ideas quickly in my head and decided I would paint the bathroom!  Surely that would keep my mind off what they were doing and help me to funnel my energies in a productive way.  It is definitely hard to carve out a good chunk of time and energy for a project like this with everyone in the house, so I figured it was a good opportunity for me.

I have been thinking for quite some time that I would like to finish painting our house.   When we moved into our house eight years ago, we knew the house needed work.  We have been chipping away at landscaping, siding, gutters, molding, painting, and remodeling room by room each year.  A couple of the main functioning rooms – my kitchen and main bathroom – have gone untouched, and I really thought some fresh paint would do the trick until we could get to remodeling them more thoroughly. 

Yes, I painted my bathroom by myself in less than 24 hours.  Yes, it was a hassle at times, running into snags.  Yes, the baby took shorter naps than I was hoping during some of my painting sessions. 

The paint job was a challenge.

However, now that it is finished, it is a joy!

Before I painted, the entire room was basically a Kilz white.

Now it is a cozy (yep, that’s me ~wink~), bamboo brown.

IMG_9798

 

IMG_9806

Truly, a coat of paint does wonders!

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! Nice work, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to come over and see it in person. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, i love warm colors!!! The decor is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom look great, Lisa! I love the orange rose topiaries on your counter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing job Lisa! That color warmed up the room a lot. Can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Lisa! You and Brian always know how to warm up a room with your tastes. Regarding the kitchen, I thought you had something done with the cabintry and put in a huge refrigerator. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - I love that color! It turned out so pretty! By the way, you won the Starbucks card from last week's post!! Congrats! Just need you to shoot me an e-mail (it's on my contact tab) with your info so I can send it (or if you'd rather have a different card, let me know)! :)

    ReplyDelete