Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Sun’ll Come Out “Tomorrow”

Last week my husband was due to have his last soccer practice with my son’s team.  It was not only special because it was their last practice.  It was also special since they were going to have a father-son scrimmage.  There were good vibes for the event, but  the weather looked very gloomy.  Around 2:30 p.m. I texted my husband at work and told him it did NOT look good for practice.  The clouds were gray everywhere, and rain was drizzling down steadily.  Surely I saw no hope in sight.

Within about 20 or 30 minutes of texting my husband, this is what I saw:

IMG_0049

I couldn’t believe my eyes!  Where did this come from?!

Of course I texted my husband again and said,

“The sun is out!”

Before too long, I started to think about the life lesson in all of this.  Sometimes our lives are filled with a lot of dreariness and a lot of rain.  There seems to be little joy and peace, as the gloom overshadows the good.  We struggle and strive with little victory. 

However, we must remember that there is always hope with our God! 

Even in the midst of the worst circumstances, our God is still there!  Each day, month, year, and season of our lives ~even if it appears gloomy~ still has many bright spots along the way.  We need the grace to embrace those sunny blessings and to remember that our season will change some day.

There will be sunshine!

In God’s economy, today is the day of salvation and tomorrow brings freshness and newness!

Yes, friends….

The sun’ll come out “tomorrow”!

Psalm 42:11

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
         And why are you disquieted within me?
       
Hope in God;
         For I shall yet praise Him,
         The help of my countenance and my God.

1 comment:

  1. A great reminder! I saw a sign outside a church the other day, it said "Forcast: God reigns and the Son shines!" Thanks for reminding me that the 7 day forcast always ends with a bright spot!

    ReplyDelete