Thursday, January 19, 2012

White Chicken Chili

P1140249


When I made this chili, my husband said, “YUM!” after he ate his first bite.

When he went back for his third or fourth serving, he said, “I love your cooking!”  That is when I know something is really good.  ~smile~
Everyone loved it!

The original recipe that inspired me is found here, but I changed it up a bit.

White Chicken Chili
Printable Recipe
  • 3 T olive oil
  • 2 WHOLE boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 2 (4oz) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
  • 3 (14.5oz) cans great northern beans, undrained
  • 1/2 – 1 t salt
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 T ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.  Add chicken, stirring often, until chicken is about halfway done. Add the onion to sauté pan and cook over medium heat until onion and chicken are well-cooked.  Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm that sounds tasty. Always wanted to try a white chili! I love your pretty bowl too :)

    btw what is coriander?

    This is on my menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete