Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine’s Day Desserts

I am trying to decide what to serve for dessert on Valentine’s Day.  I would like the dessert to be a bit interactive – something that the kids can help make or decorate.  Here’s what has been floating around in my mind so far:
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
recipe found here at “Joy the Baker”
IMG_6659
Delicious, homemade vanilla cupcakes, served with a smorgasbord of chocolate ganache, homemade whipped cream, chopped nuts, cherries, and whatever else fits your fancy!

We have made these before and enjoyed them thoroughly!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue
IMG_7404
This fondue is scrumptious and easy to make!
1 7.5 oz. jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup whipping cream
12 oz. semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Melt 1st three ingredients in a double boiler.  Add peanut butter.
Serve with dippers – fruit, marshmallows, pretzels, graham crackers, cookies, etc.!

“Life as Mom” and “Comfy in the Kitchen” posted about their tantalizing TRIPLE CHOCOLATE SUNDAE and CUPCAKE BUFFET, respectively, and got my mind thinking even more!  They are also hosting link-ups where you can join in on the fun and find a lot more great ideas!

Have you decided what you are serving for dessert for Valentine’s Day?


4 comments:

  1. Oh, those cupcakes looks so good! And what a god idea too. I always see stuff like that and think, 'Why didn't I think of that?'

    Thanks for the ideas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to come to your house and binge.... Doc will understand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy ! http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-favorite-valentines-day-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling over both! I made the chocolate & raspberry dessert you saw - it was a hit, but I think I need a break from sugar now - LOL!

    ReplyDelete