Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Taking Life by the Reins

20111119_144534
Today started off poorly, very poorly!  It was one of those days when I just wished I could have pulled the covers over my head and gone back to sleep!  The first couple hours of my day challenged me tremendously – my household’s weaknesses, needs, and questions for the day were overwhelming me.  I finally felt like everything was just “too much”, and I ran to my husband’s office (“man cave”).  I locked the door behind me, and within moments floods of tears arrived.  I cried… I prayed.
 
“Oh God, please help me!”
Inside I was giving up, surrendering the day and its good intentions, thinking life would just become aimless today.

“God, please show me what I am supposed to do”.

It didn’t take long.  God prompted my heart and reminded me what I was called to do.  I am a mother, a homeschooling mother, nonetheless.  My job is set before me, clearly.  Sure, there are days when I need to take breaks and set a different course for the day.  However, today was not that day!  God revealed to me that I was giving in to my circumstances, and I needed to take life by the reins!
I walked upstairs, with a clearer head and a resolve to take charge.  I declared the rules and guidelines for the day to my children and went to work!  God blessed my efforts, and the day went fairly well in the end.
What has God called you to do?

Are you letting circumstances and emotions rob you?

Ask God to help you take life by the reins!

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!”
(Philippians 4:13)

Linked up at "Simply Living"

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa I need to do this more often. And you are so right, it is such a morning thing for me to. If I wake up resolved to do something and start being in charge right away, it usually gets done that day and the kids jump on board.

    And today is one of those days! So I'm off to joyfully get my munchkins out of bed and onto the day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have stated this so well. Isn't it funny how we can get under our circumstances so quickly? When we turn to Him, I'm so thankful our Heavenly Father answers - even quicker when I choose to listen immediately. God has called each of us to NOT let our circumstances and emotions rob us, thanks for this reminder :-D.

    ReplyDelete