Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter–Food Talk

IMG_8323

Easter is less than a week away now!  Today is the day for me to set my menu!  This year we are planning to have two celebrations (three, if you include the celebration we already had with my family this past weekend).  We are having some friends over on Sunday for a meal and entertaining my husband’s family on another day this weekend.

I glimpsed at the menu I served a couple years ago.  Some of those ideas remain or exist in a similar form.

Here are some of the ideas I am mulling over:

Ham
Brined, roaster chicken
Chicken piccata
Another creamy chicken breast recipe I just got from a friend with bacon and chipped beef
Lemon herb chicken ring
Strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing
Green Bean Casserole
Biscuits or Cornbread
Banana Split Dessert

My friend is bringing cheesy potatoes – made with potatoes, cheese, sour cream, and bacon!  I’m already looking forward to that!

Of course, I REALLY want to squeeze in the Hot Cross Biscuits (pictured above) some time that I made last year!  They were so good!

Have you decided on your Easter menu yet?

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds delicious!! I've got lots of cooking to do today to be ready - I know you're busy too! Have a blessed Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete