Sunday, July 1, 2012

Girls’ Lock-In

The past week has been busy.  I hosted a surprise 30th birthday party for a friend.  I celebrated my daughter’s 2nd birthday (for which I still have to post the cake recipe), and planned a lock-in for the girls’ groups at church, ages 5 through 13.

My husband became the head of the boys’ groups last fall, and as of the beginning of June, I have become the leader over the girls’ groups.  My husband did a lock-in for the boys in the winter.  Since then the girls had really hoped they could do one.  It had been in the back of my mind to help host one for them, even before I became the leader.  When I took on my new responsibility a few weeks ago, I quickly hopped into action and planned a lock-in.

The girls had a lot of fun.  We didn’t even get to all of the things I had planned.

We had a beauty room where the girls could get their
hair done and faces painted.

P6290102

We made mosaic craft designs.  I got the idea from “Family Fun”.
Sketch your design on a paper plate.
Mix an equal amount of white glue and water in a cup.
Paint onto mixture plate and affix small pieces of magazine scraps.
When design is complete, coat the top with the glue mixture.

P6290115

We roasted marshmallows for S’mores over sterno fuel cans.

P6290112

The girls also did an impromptu fashion show with sleeping bags and blankets that was quite amusing, painted nails, and had fun goofing around together.

They are looking forward to next year, Lord willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment