Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cluttered House? It’s Tornado Time!

Recently Traci from “Ordinary Inspirations” posted about her tornado cleaning.  I’ve been there, done that, used that, and liked it! 

Tornado time is really helpful for when you are going to have company over or you are just feeling a tad overwhelmed by all of the clutter in the house or by your “To Do” list.

Some keys to tornado cleaning:

Set a timer!

Work like a madwoman!

Get your other family members involved, if possible!

P7080029Here are some before/after shots of a recent tornado episode in my home.  My intention was to clean as much as I could, as fast as I could for 30 minutes.  I ended up extending the time to 40 minutes, because unpredictable things like this happen (the toddler got into some markers and enjoyed writing on herself!)

P7080025P7080030

P7080024P7080031

P7080026P7080027

Is it time for your house to be taken by storm?

4 comments:

  1. OOh, I love Tornado Time! I try to do it every couple days. It feels so good to just "get it done". (: BTW, I don't think I've seen pictures of your family room. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much and great job! Love ya! Traci Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa! I did this tonight for a bit and it worked well, though I kept having to remind myself to "hurry" - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I definitely like the idea of tornado cleaning. And yes, this will be a great help when suddenly your mother-in-law decided to be spontaneous and called you that she’s on her way to visit your home – that she’s already driving and just a few blocks away. LOL. Been there a lot. I think I’ve mastered this already. You’ll be surprised on what you can accomplish using this tactic! ;)

    ReplyDelete