Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Kickstart Your Mornings!

IMG_3066

I am the first person to say that mornings are the worst part of my day.
I feel sluggish.
I don’t want to get out of bed.
I feel overwhelmed by the tasks ahead of me.

I am trying very hard, though, to help my mornings.  After all, if we start our days on a bad note, it surely doesn’t help anything.

Here are some things to think about to help your mornings get off to a good start!

Go to bed earlier.  Today’s morning really started last night when you went to bed.  A good night’s sleep does wonders!

Wake up earlier.  In order to achieve some personal goals and get on top of the day, it is pretty much a must to get up before the demands of the day meet you right in the face (like a child staring at you and asking you for breakfast!).

Read the Bible and journal. If you don’t know what to read, read the Proverb that coordinates with the date or start with the Psalm number of the date and add 30 each time, reading a total of five Psalms.

Exercise, even just a bit.  I have been doing this “Wake Up Your Workout” routine over the past handful of days.  It helps get your body moving and inspires you to be healthy.

Pour yourself a glass of water or lemon water.  Lemon water is supposed to be great for your digestion, boosting your Vitamin C level, and detoxifying your body.  Here’s a good article on it. 

Try very hard to have a positive attitude for your day, expecting that things will not be perfect.  In Jesus we can do all things!

Whatever you do, don’t give up!  This is key for someone like me who struggles continually with having good mornings.  Some good mornings are better than no good mornings.  Keep trying!  Each day is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment