Saturday, March 30, 2013

Remember the Resurrection

Resurrection

I am a hopeful romantic but also a realist.  I desire great and wonderful things for my life, my family’s lives, and the world.  However, I also see and experience the dreadful, sinful things in the world, and… it.hurts.

It is so tempting to focus on the negative aspects of life that weigh us down.  They hurt.  They embed themselves in our minds and hearts.  They try to take over.

Even as I write this, I am experiencing my own Gethsemane, my own issues that call me to cry out, “Lord, Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.” (Mark 14:36)  Jesus, Himself, was so overwhelmed with the cross He was called to carry, that he, too, desired to be set free from it.  The cross wasn’t easy.

HOWEVER, the story doesn’t end there.  Jesus went through horrible pain and desperation.  Jesus bore the sin of mankind.  Jesus died a dreadful, disrespectful death….. and then…. HE ROSE!

Jesus, our Lord, rose from the dead.  The grave could not hold Him. 

He is risen! 

He is Lord of our lives and Lord of this world, no matter how dreary things look.

He is victorious and will be victorious for all eternity.

We have a hope.  Our hope lies in Jesus.  Our hope lies in eternity.  Our hope lies in the future God has planned for us!

Remember the resurrection!

He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment