Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Benefit of Writing Your Prayers


  
Sometimes when I quiet my heart to pray, the moment doesn't feel very quiet. Thoughts race through my mind. New tasks pop up, waiting to be added to my "To Do" list. Emotions flood my being. It can be very difficult to feel quiet.
 
My thoughts can wander: "Dear Lord, I need... to get the laundry done... No, wait. I do need to get the laundry done, but that is not what I am praying about. I need a touch from YOU, Lord!" 
 
One thing that can be helpful during prayer time is to write down my prayers. By writing down my prayer, it helps me focus more. I am forced to channel my thoughts and emotions better. 
 
You can create a spiritual journal just for the purpose of writing down your prayers, Scriptures, and other things God teaches you or you could simply use your daily planner, a blank sheet of paper, or even type an email to yourself. Whatever works! The point is to get you writing, thinking, praying, and pouring your heart out to God in a more efficient matter.
 
Give ear to my words, O Lord.
Consider my meditation.
Psalm 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment