Sunday, July 20, 2014

Your Labor is Not in Vain

Your Labor is Not in Vain - The  Cozy Nook

Imagine for a moment that you planted a large garden. You spent a lot of time, money, and effort on the garden, and you had high hopes for that garden. You looked forward to the fruit you would gain from it!

However, what if something happened to that garden, and you were not able to receive its fruit?

What if a storm blew through and destroyed it completely?

What if wildlife visited and ate the fruit before you were able to harvest?

What if the garden looked nice but actually didn’t even end up producing much fruit at all?

Would you be disappointed? Would you feel like your labor was in vain?

I would.

I would feel very disappointed. That’s basic human nature – put your energies into something and reap a good harvest.

How do you go on in life, though, when that doesn’t happen?

In the end it boils down to trusting God.

I have labored in vain,
I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain;
Yet surely my just reward is with the Lord,
And my work with my God
.
Isaiah 49:4

…be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 15:58

Your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Let me say that again… partly because I need to hear it again!

Your labor in the Lord is not in vain!

Our job is to obey God, to do what He says, to follow Him at any cost. He takes care of the rest!

Our work is a sacrifice to God.
Our labor pleases Him.
Our reward lies with Him.

Be encouraged and keep laboring
for and unto Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment