Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Appreciate the Simplicity of the Season

Appreciate the Simplicity of the Season - The Cozy Nook

“Sleighbells ring. Are you listening?
In the lane, snow is glistening.
A beautiful sight.
We’re happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland.”

Are you listening?

Are you looking?

Are you finding the simplicity of the season?

Amidst the hustle and bustle, packed calendars, and long lists, therein lie simple treasures for us to find.

Quiet evenings.
Giving hearts.
Glowing candles.
Fulfilling fellowship.
Hot beverages.
Warm treats.
Festive lights.
Cozy homes.
Crackling fires.
Fuzzy blankets.
Joyful music.
Solitary moments.
Faithful love.
Committed family.
Special friends.

It’s all there. Waiting for us. We just have to partake.

We have to slow down
and appreciate the simplicity around us,
the simple things in life that make life special!

Just the other night, after my children went to bed, I did just that…

After a long, hard day, I made myself a delicious, homemade mocha latte, nestled myself in my dim living room, lit solely by the luminous, adorned tree, curled up on the couch with my laptop, and blogged. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of my home, the dark night, the blessed warmth of my surroundings and just took it all in.

Are you “taking it all in”?

Are you able to enjoy your moments this season?

I pray you can calm your soul, focus your mind, and experience the simple joys of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment