Thursday, March 5, 2015

How Do You Define a Successful Day?

How Do You Define a Successful Day - The Cozy Nook

How do you define a successful day?

Stop and think for a moment. Maybe even write it down.

Currently, what things need to happen during the day to make you feel like today was successful?

Pause.

Now think again. Look over your list.

Does your definition need to change?

Mine does.

For most of my life I have determined success by how well I have performed or how well things have gone.

  • What grade did I get?
  • Did I get everything done?
  • Was I perfect?
  • Were my children perfect? (which really means was I able to make them perfect)
  • Did something bad happen today?

Truth be told, I expected life to be perfect. I expected life to follow a routine pattern and be manageable, programmable, and infallible.

Now, as my days are less predictable, as I deal with some health challenges, and as my children’s hearts are maturing, I see that my definition of a successful day needs to change.

For all of us, a successful day is one where we:

  • TRY our best to live our priorities,
  • DO our best to be productive, and
  • BE the best people we can be, for God’s glory.

That’s it!

Try your best. Do your best. Be your best.

Let God do the rest.

Some days your best is not going to feel very good. Some days your best may seem very feeble and frail, lacking much.

Keep pushing on! Keep pressing on towards the goal!

We will fall short many times during the day.
Our days will fall short of our expectations.
Our realities will fall short of our dreams.
Our moments will fall short of our momentum.

However, we can still be successful!

Success does not equal perfection.

Success comes when we yield ourselves to God’s will for our lives, submit to our imperfect days, accept life as it is, intend to do our best, and purpose to live our priorities with tenacity and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment